*proudly* How’s this? And, believe it or not, I didn’t Google a single one!
1. What are the main ingredients of a Cassoulet?
Well, one can C it has a donkey in it, and a bloke rented out.
2. What is seasoned flour?
It is the same as an annual flower – a flour that you only get at certain times of the year.
3. Which fruit is the richest known source of the antioxidant called lycopene?
A very juicy orange. You either get to lykopene, or you choke on it and it cuts off your oxygen.
4. Why is it advisable to rest steak for a couple of minutes after cooking?
To be really sadistic. You leave the poor thing to sit there contemplating the awful fate that is to come.
5. What is a galette?
A small gal.
6. What is chimichurri?
A sweep who is as happy as happy can be.
7. Where is Polenta a staple food?
The North or South Pole in spring.
8. What is Chaîne des Rôtisseurs?
A dog lead made out of links of metal which is used by Rottweiler masseurs.
9. What is a Pink Lady?
A fair girl of high birth caught in the altogether and blushing all over.
10. What is a sommelier?
Sommer somebody what doesn’t tell the troof.
(South Africanisms: Ou – a man; Lente – Spring; Sommer – just, actually, because that’s the way it is.)