FOOD QUIZ FROM PINKPOLKADOTFOOD
1. What is palmiers also known as?
Grammar, grammar! What ARE palmiers known as? Fortune tellers, who glibly palm off rubbish based on lines on your hand.
2. Where will you most traditionally be served “Soji”?
Well, Ji are a clandestine group of southeast Asian militant Muslim terrorists trained by al-Qaeda; I suppose the ones who are very ji or ‘so ji’ would be in Indonesia, so that’s where it would be.
3. What is a ragout?
The one hanging on the line after washing.
4. What is a Monte Bianco?
White mountain? Must be a LOT of ice cream.
5. What is orzata?
The alternative to what one would normally eat instead of zata.
6. What are the main ingredients of a meuniére sauce?
The sole ingredient is sole. Oh no, that is the accompaniment …
7. What is an Heirloom seed?
One coming from great-grandmama’s aspidistra.
8. What is the main ingredient of beignets de banane?
Obviously, bananas. Speared off the tree with bayonets.
9. What is the main ingredient of falafels?
Minstrel balladeers? I mean, those have as an ingredient lots of falalas, and the ‘fels’ must be short for ‘fellows’.
10. What does “pickling” means in culinary terms?
A baby pick. (Well, a baby duck is a duckling?)